- This event has passed.
Is a co-operative right for you? – Oxford
September 17 @ 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
What will the day be about?
An interactive exploration of the history and application of the co‑operative enterprise model; the many different types there are and their distinctive features and advantages relative to other models. It will:
- Outline the opportunities that a co‑operative business model offers community groups and businesses
- Help groups already looking to start a business or organisation to determine whether the co‑operative option is right for them
- Help groups identify what further work is needed to do before you are able to register as a co‑operative
What attendees will learn?
- The wide range of different types of co‑operative and the sectors they operate in
- The advantages and distinctive features of the co‑operative model
- The factors that determine the most appropriate co‑operative model for a given enterprise
- The support available to co‑operative start‑ups and conversions
This workshop will be run in partnership with The Community Action Group project, a local co-operative network of over 60 community groups, coops and social enterprises working on sustainability in Oxfordshire. The CAG project offers support and mentoring for new community projects to get off the ground, and has a growing number of co-operatives as part of its network: Facebook | Twitter