The All Party Parliamentary Group on Poverty
From 2013 to 2017, the Webb Memorial Trust provided the secretariat to the All Party Parliamentary Group (APPG) on Poverty. The APPG on Poverty aims to increase understanding of poverty among parliamentarians and to seek all-party solutions, while drawing on external knowledge from professionals in the UK poverty sector and those with the expertise that comes with lived-experience.
During this period the APPG on Poverty explored several work streams:
- Children’s Voices – an exploration of the impact of poverty on children’s life chances
- Civil Society – the complementary role played by civil society groups, such as fairness commissions, in reducing poverty
- Working with Business – examining the role and responsibilities of business in reducing poverty
- Poverty Premium – practical responses to the dilemma that people living in poverty pay more for essential goods and services
- Housing – an exploration of the connection between housing circumstances and the experience of poverty
From 2018 the co-secretariat of the APPG on Poverty is The Equality Trust and CPAG.