- This event has passed.
Fair Tax Conference 2019
July 5, 2019 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
This is a Fair Tax Mark event.
The Fair Tax Conference 2019, sponsored by SSE and Pennon, will be the marquee opening event of the 2019 Fair Tax Week – which will celebrate those companies and organisations that are proud to pay their fair share of corporation tax and the positive contribution this makes to society.
The Conference will feature leaders from business, academia and campaigning – who will explore key topics around the benefits for business of transparency on tax payment, and priorities for public policy on fair tax.
Food and drink (including lunch) are included in the ticket price.
Arrive 9.30 – 9.45am [coffee]
Welcome 9.45 – 10am: Paul Monaghan, Chief Executive, Fair Tax Mark
Plenary one 10 -10.55am : why its so important to say what you pay with pride
- Martin McEwen, Head of Tax, SSE
- Susan Davy, Chief Financial Officer, Pennon Group
- Julian Richer, Founder, Richer Sounds
- Hilary Jones, Ethics Director, Lush Cosmetics
- Chair: Joanne Long, Ethical Consumer
Workshops 10.55 – 11.45am (subject to change)
- What is the Fair Tax Mark and why would I want one (led by Richard Livings of the Fair Tax Mark and Luke Wellock of Leeds Building Society)
- Why and how to integrate ‘tax’ into corporate responsibility programmes (led by Clare Carlile of Ethical Consumer and Alex Ferrand of Business in the Community)
- Tax Justice Sunday: what it is and why it’s needed (led by Justin Thacker of Church Action for Tax Justice and Janie Oliver of the Ecumenical Council for Corporate Responsibility (ECCR))
Coffee 11.45 -12pm
Plenary two 12 – 12.50pm : what are the public policy priorities for Fair Tax and business
- Robert Palmer, Executive Director, Tax Justice UK
- Richard Murphy, Professor of Practice in International Political Economy, City University & Director, Corporate Accountability Network
- Olivia Lally, Senior Policy and Advocacy Officer, Eurodad
- Rose Zussman, Senior Policy Officer, Transparency International UK
- Chair: Rob Harrison, Ethical Consumer
Lunch 1pm – 1.30pm
Ethical Consumer are the accredited media partner for the Conference.